Blogs have evolved exponentially over the years and so have the platforms that they are presented on. It’s important to make sure that your online presence is constantly evolving and embracing all the new technology available.
It isn’t always easy – in fact it’s rarely easy. However with a bit of time, effort and energy, building a new online platform can be a very liberating experience.
Why? well you can:-
Really think about what you want from your new online presence.
Decide on which direction your business takes.
Learn how the advancements in technology can make your life easier.
Challenge yourself to create a new and improved website.
History of blogs
In the early days of the mid 1990s, blogs were known as personal home pages, open diaries and logs of internet activity. As time progressed, they became known as weblogs and then by the end of the 1990s they had been shortened to Blogs. Read more about the history here.
The advancement in how blogs are presented has moved on too. From a very basic page of information written in code, to beautifully crafted platforms where stylish design, great imagery and video come as standard. Their creation is not just restricted to those with coding skills – now anyone can build something to be proud of.
Why the new website?
I have been writing blogs since 2007 and every so often, I want to make changes to my online presence. You can have the best website in the world, but eventually you begin to outgrow what you originally created. Then it’s time to reinvent and redefine what you do.
I decided that my redesign would follow the Rule of 3, which in my case is:-
3. My book about How to Create the Perfect Holiday that will change the way you think forever – a must read for anyone wanting to make life changing decisions whilst on holiday.
What are the features of the new website?
- More information about freelance writing and why content marketing should be on the wish list of all businesses both large and small.
- What I can specifically offer as a Content Marketer.
- More information about the writing work I have done.
- Insights about my background in content marketing.
- The Blog itself which is subdivided into different categories Travel, Adventures and Experiences, Eat Drink and be Merry and Make Life Easier.
- All about my new book – the golden passport to a perfect holiday and happier life.
How will you benefit from the new website?
- New more modern and clever design which is mobile friendly.
- An easy to follow structure so you can quickly find what you are looking for.
- Free sign up for insights to highlight the importance of content marketing.
- Tips on the Blog about travel and adventure and how it can make your life easier
- Option to receive new blog posts via email.
- Access to information about my new book and what people are saying about it.
- Download free articles to show you how to appeal to your dream customers.
The future of blogs
No one knows what the future will hold, but its safe to say that blogs are going to continue to play an important roll in content marketing strategies. As we are in the middle of a IT revolution, the pace of change continues to astonish and excite – it’s a great place to be.
As technology advances, we will see more emphasis on great content, inspirational storytelling and a deeper connection with customers both old and new. The building of trust will be paramount in how businesses develop their online personalities as it will become the easiest way they can stand out from their competitors. Read about what the best marketers say about content marketing trends
Whatever you believe, I think the future of blogs is looking pretty rosie and am proud to be a part of this very unique writing world where persuasive words can convey a business message with clarity.
If you would like to know more about what I do, then please get in touch.