I love to ski and have certainly enjoyed my fair share of après ski and all the drinks synonymous with this downhill sport. Mulled red wine is always found in an abundance on and off the mountains and I love it but sometimes find it too sweet and heavy. What if there was a mulled wine with a lighter, fresher feel and not so sweet? What about a hot rosé?
I started to think about how this could be done and have come up with a drink using rose wine which I hope you Amaze Me Days followers will enjoy.
Hot Rose Recipe
Serves 4 thirsty guests or 6 not so thirsty guests.
- Pour the bottle of rosé into a sauce pan and add the piece of ginger
- Heat to the point of simmering
- Add the sugar and wait for it to dissolve
- Take off the heat and add the peach schnapps.
- Add 2 strawberries to each cocktail stick and place in some sturdy wine glasses ( by this I mean that the glass is quite thick to withstand the heat of the wine)
- Pour the wine evenly into the glasses and serve.
Please give it a try. If you are lucky enough to be skiing in the mountains, then make this in the morning before you head off, put it n a small flask and take it with you to enjoy on the mountain – you can admire the drink and the views at the same time!